Area that takes up about 30% of Earth's land mass is a crossword puzzle clue that we have spotted 1 time. % of Earth’s total surface that is land – About 29% of the total surface of the earth is land (the rest is water) Types of land – Of that, there is habitable land (that we can live on) and non habitable land, and agricultural (including land that livestock can be farmed on) and arable land (more fertile land with topsoil for growing crops). They are: North America, South America, Europe, Asia, Antarctica, Africa and Australia. Clue: Area that takes up about 30% of Earth's land mass. To convert km (kilometers) to miles, multiply kilometers by: 0.621371 The Earth's total surface area is nearly 197 million square miles. Approximately 71 percent of the Earth's surface area is covered in water, and the remaining 29 percent is land. Orbit Speeds the earth orbits the Sun every 365 days, 5 hours, 48 minutes and 46 seconds, at a speed of (66,700 mph), (107,320 km per hour) . The Earth's total land surface area is about 57 million square miles. Earth is the third planet from the Sun and the only astronomical object known to harbor life.About 29% of Earth's surface is land consisting of continents and islands.The remaining 71% is covered with water, mostly by oceans but also by lakes, rivers and other fresh water, which together constitute the hydrosphere.Much of Earth's polar regions are covered in ice. Total surface area of earth: 510,072,000 sq km Total water surface area: 70.8% (361,132,000 sq km) Total land surface area: 29.2% (148,940,000 sq km) There are a total of 5 oceans, and they are the Arctic, Pacific, Atlantic, Indian, and the Antarctic Ocean. Radius at the poles (6,355 km). W; Largest Countries in the World (ranked by area) Largest Countries in the World (by area) The largest country in the world is Russia with a total area of 17,098,242 Km² (6,601,665 mi²) and a land area of 16,376,870 Km² (6,323,142 mi²), equivalent to 11% of the total world's landmass of 148,940,000 Km² (57,510,000 square miles).. See also: Most Populous Countries The Land Area of the World is 13,003 million ha. There are related clues (shown below). The Land Hemisphere has its center at 47°13′N 1°32′W which is located near the French city of Nantes. This chart shows total surface area of earth. Despite being called the Land Hemisphere, the area of water in the hemisphere is greater than that of the area of land present here. The land areas on earth are called continents. Share your story with the world. Land Surface includes geophysical processes and parameters involving the Earth’s land surfaces (e.g., surface temperature, soil moisture, vegetation cover, and land use). The Land Hemisphere is the part of the Earth that encompasses the largest portion of land on the planet. Make use of Google Earth's detailed globe by tilting the map to save a perfect 3D view or diving into Street View for a 360 experience. 4,889 million ha are classified as ‘agricultural area’ by the FAO (this is 37.6% of the Land Area).